Monday 19 September 2016

Motley Tunes #13

Motley Tunes is a weekly segment featuring an assortment of 2-4 songs we find worth sharing. Post by Karan.

September's been a great month for the music I listen to and love. Queen+Adam Lambert live (I still cannot believe I was a part of the magic and legacy that night), Bring Me The Horizon live in a couple of days, my boyhood heroes Metallica dropping Hardwired and announcing their new album just as August ended, A Day To Remember releasing their beautiful record Bad Vibrations, the phenomenal metalcore outfit While She Sleeps also announcing a new album as well as releasing their latest jaw-dropper called Civil Isolation, and so much more that I fail to recall. Since the wave of new material has rocked my September, come surf it with me.

1. Fake It by Bastille



(I decided to use the VEVOpresents version here, because their live vibe is really top notch)

Atharv and I caught Bastille live in Singapore on Saturday, not because we went for Bastille, but because we wanted to get as close as possible to the stage for Queen's gig later in the evening. Jokes about singing the ever-familiar "Eh-ehoh"s from their hit single Pompeii on every song of theirs were made, but we were definitely looking forward to what Bastille had up their sleeves for us. Needless to say, they effortlessly swept us off our feet. Their energy was so beautiful - the air felt like a mixture of happiness, sadness, successes and mistakes, all looked back upon with a nostalgic smile. Here's one of the slower tracks they played, which really stuck with me.

2. In Florida by A Day To Remember


"I feel, the less you love, the less you feel alive"

This song was a bonus track on ADTR's otherwise hard-hitting release Bad Vibrations, but it added so much to the album. The instruments come together to create such a silky smooth sensation, sprinkled with so pretty lyrics sung by Jeremy McKinnon. Be sure to listen to the entire album if you're in the mood for some metalcore and good ole' pop punk, but if the chill vibes are strong with you, this track will caress your mind with all things sweet and serene. 

I'd throw in a couple more songs, but I kinda figured I wanted this post to be a bit calmer with the music. I absolutely love the songs above, and I hope you find pleasure in them too. In the meantime, I'll save the whiplash-inducing metal for another day *wink*

Have a lovely week ahead folks! May music, as always, breathe life into you.
-Karan


  

No comments:

Post a Comment